The priority throughout our work is to obtain the recognition of the
importance of the construction sector from the EU decision-makers. This
must then lead to a greater coordination of all the EU
Due to internal reorganisation and on-going discussions with our
members, a detailed account of the topics that we cover has yet to be
finalised. However, to give an indication of what topics we cover, here
is a list of the sort of issues that we work on:
- On-going CEN TC 350 standards dissemination work;
- Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) methodology;
- Review of the EU Waste Policy;
- Implementation of the Resource Efficiency roadmap;
- Sustainable/Green Buildings consultation and Communication;
- Adaptation to Climate Change Strategy.
- Implementation of the Construction Product Regulation (CPR) and the publication of the first Delegated Acts;
- CEN TC 351 and the development of assessment methods for the release of dangerous substances;
- Fire safety and reaction to fire developments in standardisation;
- The potential developments of Eurocodes by the Joint Research Centre (JRC);
- Subsequent CE marking developments.
For more information about the work that Construction Products Europe does, please see Our Publications.