JOB DESCRIPTION: TECHNICAL MANAGER
- JOB IDENTIFICATION
|Job title:||Technical manager|
|Date of start:||15/11/2022|
- JOB DESCRIPTION
Technical expert and reference person in all construction related topics dealt by the association.
Reporting to the Director General and the association’s members.
III. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & DUTY STATEMENTS
(The main areas of responsibility within the job)
- Policy monitoring
- Acting as reference person on EU issues for the association’s members: understand and proactively address members’ issues in all their diversity.
- Informing, ongoing monitoring and tracking, analysing and reporting of policy-related developments in the EU institutions and the association’s leaders’ activities, i.e. the following topics:
- on Construct Product Regulation (CPR),
- chemical policy,
- fire safety,
- sustainable construction.
- Managing internal working groups (approx. 6) and implementing actions (e.g. drafting position papers/letters or technical/political papers); participating in relevant meetings and conference calls;
- Informing members on relevant internal meetings, preparing, and sending agendas and presentations, writing, and sending minutes.
- Providing daily support to the association’s members in relation to the above-mentioned fields; Circulating relevant information to members.
- Managing a network of contacts and representing the association in the relevant institutions, organisations, and platforms in relation to the above-mentioned fields.
- Contribution to horizontal tasks within our small team
- Supporting event organisers in contacting speakers for conferences or meetings (i.e. meetings with European Institutions)
- Drafting of articles for various communications channels and social medias.
- WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE IN THIS JOB?
- Strong monitoring controls and reporting mechanisms are in place and members / Director General are informed in a timely manner.
- Members issues are met proactively, and early warning system are in place.
- You are known in the network as our representative, as a solution driven, positive and open-minded individual.
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong analytical skills
Skills / expertise:
- Ability to present information in a clear, concise, and accessible way
- Strong communication skills
- Problem solving attitude, diplomatic skills, and ability to build consensus
- Methodical skills, attention to detail, rigor
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- A dynamic and assertive personality, flexible, capable of working in a small team, well organised, and interested in the work of a trade association in an international environment.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum education level required: University degree
Minimum of experience level required:
Years of experience are less important than attitude for this role.
Level of supervision:
After an initial guidance period, the employee will be given overall directions but is expected to perform duties and responsibilities independently.