CEN/TC 442 plenary meeting took place the 21st and 22nd November 2017 in Dublin. The activities of the Working Groups were reported:
- ISO 29481-1 Building information models - Information delivery manual - Part 1: Methodology and format was published as EN standard;
- ISO 19650 Organization of information about construction works - Information management using building information modelling parts 1 and 2 were sent for enquiry to be published as EN standards;
- Preliminary Work Item on product data templates;
- Preliminary Work Item on levels of definitions (LOD);
- Discussions on the publication of ISO standards for data structures and organization of information either as EN standards as they are or use them as the basis for future independent EN standards.
The other important topic in the agenda was the presentation of the CEN Workshop Agreement on Smart CE marking. Representatives from CEN CENELEC Management centre and Construction Products Europe introduced the concept and the project to the experts and replied to their questions. Experts agreed on the need to keep compatibility of the initiative with the work in CEN/TC 442 and volunteered to provide inputs in the project.